First Friday Art Crawl Schedule

Back to Article
Back to Article

First Friday Art Crawl Schedule

Downtown Macon is full of life, art and history. On March 1, downtown will be full of art galleries for people to enjoy.

This First Friday event is all about the art. This event is held by The 567 Center for Renewal and it is a way for art lovers all over to see work displayed by local and student artists.

This relaxed event is the perfect event to take your family friends and loved ones to. It is full of a variety of people who come to visit the galleries, talk about the art, hang out with friends and enjoy walking around for a downtown stroll.

“These galleries range from upscale retail galleries to innovative artist-run spaces,” Melissa Macker executive director of The 567 Center said. “On the First Friday of every month they open their doors late for special events, so art-lovers can ‘crawl’ from one to the other, mingling and enjoying the new artwork and other festivities.”

Most of the events will include refreshments, a chance to talk to the artists, demonstrations and even live music.

The Art Crawl includes many different galleries that will be opened at different times of the day. The earliest event begins at 5 p.m. and the latest event closes at around midnight. Admission to these events are completely free of charge and are open to anyone.

First Friday Art Crawl Schedule:

Travis Jean Emporium (522 Cherry Street), 5-9 p.m.

Art show by Dina Deason.

Macon Arts Alliance (486 1st Street), 5-8 p.m.

First Friday Reception for Tea Garden: Art and light refreshments.

The 567 Center for Renewal (456 1st Street), 6-9 p.m.

First Friday Opening: Bibb County Schools Student Art Show.

The March exhibit at The 567 will be the Bibb County Schools Student Art Show, featuring artwork by elementary, middle and high school students in celebration of Youth Art Month. On First Friday, see the new exhibit and enjoy light refreshments. Music by Central High School Chamber Ensemble 6:30-7:30 p.m.

Ampersand Guild (382 Cherry St.), 7-9 p.m.

Live painting and open gallery.

Startup Studios (1055 Riverside Drive), 8 p.m.-midnight

First Friday Open Studios: stARTup Studios will be hosting an evening of live demonstrations, displays and sales of local artists.